Levonorgestrel 0.75 mg
Active ingredient: Levonorgestrel
Product Code: PR990562
if you had an unsafe or unprotected sex with your male partner and got impregnated by him. Levonorgestrel, your plan B, can help you to avoid from any unwanted pregnancy. It is a contraceptive pill which contains Progestin. It prevents from pregnancy by restraining ovulation, reorient the transfer of sperm or eggs and avert fertilization, or redirect the uterus`s lining to prevent the implantation where the fertilization process takes action.
- Product Information: Levonorgestrel 0.75 mg, an assembled hormone used for birth control purposes. Sold in a pill form under the brand name Plan B, it is only active and works within the first 120 hours of unsafe sex. Its efficiency is lost if the sex lasted longer and only works before the pregnancy process has started to evolve. It is also coincided with an estrogen to make it an oral birth control pill. It is highly effective for avoiding pregnancy for a long period of time.
You can get access to this from any local pharmacy as long as you are 17 years and older you can get an easy access to this tablet.
- Dosage: it comes in a variation of dosage 36 mg, 0.75 mg, 1.5 mg, 52 mg and 13.5 mg. it is always better to consult a doctor before taking the pills and increase the dosage only if required.
- Directions: Take 1 pill of Levonorgestrel 0.75 mg before intercourse and another one right after it. The pills will only show work if consumed within the first 120 hours. If you forget to take a pill before intercourse, take a pill right after the sex, within 72 hours and take another one 12 hours after the consumption of first one. If you forget to take dosage within 72 hours contact a doctor immediately.
In case, vomiting occurs within 2 hours of its intake, seek a doctor`s advice for retaking the dose.
- Side effects: Some of the most common side effects caused by Levonorgestrel are as follows.
Changes in menstrual flow, breast tenderness, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, stomach pain and nausea.
Seek medical attention in case of severe side effects symptoms such as allergic reactions, lower stomach pain, missing of menstrual period and spotting instead of your usual period.
- Warning and precautions: Levonorgestrel 0.75 mg can cause serious dizziness and could get worse if you drink alcohol after the intake. In this condition do not try to drive a vehicle as you can easily risk your life.
If you are already pregnant than then don`t use the pills unless you consult a doctor.
If you are a breastfeeding mother and you get pregnant, in such case visit a doctor for further precaution and help.
Levonorgestrel can affect your blood`s sugar level, so, If you are a diabetes patient first perform a checkup and see if you are in a safe zone for the intake of this tablet.
Remember this tablet is an emergency contraceptive used only to avoid pregnancy in women, therefore, do not use it for any other reason than the given.